If you live in Saint Charles, MO, then you know that air conditioning is an absolute must during the warm summer months. But no matter how efficient and reliable your system may be, it still needs regular maintenance to keep running at peak performance and to avoid costly repairs. Here are 6 things homeowners should do to keep their AC system running smoothly:
1. Change the air filter regularly – Air filters should be changed at least every three months, or more often if you have pets or allergies. A clogged filter can decrease efficiency and cause damage to the system.
2. Keep your AC unit clean – Dirt and debris can accumulate over time, and this can cause your system to run inefficiently and shorten the life of your system. Remove leaves, grass, dirt, and debris from the outdoor unit.
3. Keep the outdoor unit clear – Make sure that there is at least two feet of clearance around the outdoor unit so that air can move freely and the system will operate at peak efficiency.
4. Have your system serviced regularly – Have a professional come out at least annually to inspect your system and perform any necessary maintenance. This will help identify any potential problems before they become major repairs.
5. Check for leaking ducts – Make sure that your ducts are not leaking, as this can cause your system to have to work harder. If you notice any signs of leaking, have a professional inspect it right away.
6. Schedule seasonal tune-ups – Have a professional come out in the spring and fall to do a tune-up and make sure your system is running properly. This will help keep your energy costs down and help your system to last longer.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your air conditioning system will continue to run efficiently and reliably for years to come. ARCO Bluestream provides professional AC repair and maintenance services in Saint Charles, MO. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!